Disclaimer


I apologize for the acronyms, spelling and punctuation. You are reading it how it was written.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cordon and Knock



 The next day we went to a gas station/market and Iraqi Police Station next door I stood outside the IP (Iraqi Police) station, with my scouts in place, talking to Sgt. White - Sam. Sam is the only other CIC guy in my platoon. We waited while the captain and a guy from HIET (Human Intel Exploitation Team) along with Louie and the Gunny went inside and talked to the police after they were done we walked over to the gas station and "shopped" while SGT. Paul from HIET and Louie did their thing trying to get info on bad guys from shop owners. We went through a few buildings and got on top of one roof but I don't think we got anything out of the visit except for some chicken and soda that they gunny bought for us.


We came back to KV for our three days back and on day two went out for what was only supposed to be a few hours to do a maintenance 25mm shoot. As soon as we were on our way back we got a call from higher saying that we were needed for a cordon and knock in Ah Rutba, so we waited for the others to come out to where we were, and then moved in.
We usually did not go into the city they wanted the IP's to try and do their job so this was my first time other than when we first got to IRAQ and an IED was found on the edge of town.  We rolled in with our huge LAV driving down alley's and narrow streets as the sun was going down. We blocked off two blocks around the target house and you could hear Marines banging on doors.  Things seemed to be going smooth. Sam and I had our Scouts out there wasn't a lot of traffic or people then the lights went out. Power was off in the whole city as I looked through my NVG's, we had cut power to the city, just to kick down this guy's door.
All I saw was infrared spotlights and laser sights. Then I heard an explosion, I didn't see the blast but I could tell it was close to 50 to 75 meters. After about one minute of confusion we were back in our vehicle but didn't move far. Overall we came back with zero detainees.

No comments:

Post a Comment