Disclaimer


I apologize for the acronyms, spelling and punctuation. You are reading it how it was written.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PRIVATE

THIS IS A PRIVATE RECORD
IT IS ASKED, THAT IF I AM TO DIE, IT NOT BE READ BY ANYONE IN MY CHAIN OF COMMAND.
THAT IT BE GIVEN ONLY TO MY FATHER, CHARLES HAGBURG, 
WHO CAN SHARE ITS CONTENTS WITH ANYONE HE CHOOSES.

David S. Hagburg

This diary begins in June of 2004. It was a record kept of my life while I served as a Marine with 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance in the Al Anbar providence of Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom II.  I have decided to revisit my thoughts and share some of them with you. 
I never planned on returning from Iraq.  I try to remind myself that I am glad I did.

Six years ago this week I wrote that I was unable to call my sister on her birthday, when she turned 23. I talked about how "I remembered when her and I did not get along but that now, I cherish her friendship" On her birthday six years ago I detained 10 men, a convoy was attacked and a Cobra helicopter needed our help in making an emergency landing.
My next entry was six years ago tomorrow, Oct 14th 2004



No comments:

Post a Comment